We’ve put together our top self storage tips to help you make the most of our services.
How does self storage work?
Renting a self storage unit is an ideal way for a household or a business to get some extra space for the things that are important to them. With Storebox you can book a unit online using your phone or computer at any of our sites. Within 10 minutes you will have access to your very own secure unit. For more information about how Storebox Self Storage can help click here.
How much space do you need?
It’s best to find out a rough idea of how much space you need using our storage guide.
Which location and which unit size is best for you?
Once you know this you will be able to book a unit. Click here to view a list of all our sites.
Do you need to rent a van?
Use Zipvan if in London
– Use strong sturdy cardboard boxes to pack your valuables and make sure that delicate items are wrapped in bubble wrap.
– Once packed up and ready to go, create a list of what you are storing. This will help in future when you need to know what is where.
– When filling your storage unit make sure to put everything in a place that is accessible. Leave some space for yourself to operate within the unit and try to have as many things labelled as possible.
– Do not bring any wet items into the container, as the water will remain trapped in the storage unit in a Kafkaesque cycle of evaporation, condensation and precipitation.
– Store appliances like fridges or dishwashers with the doors wedged open allowing for ventilation.
Stack up! Use the full height of your storage unit by putting the strongest items on the bottom and stacking lighter softer items on top.
– Bring the bulkiest items into the unit first.
Our sites are equipped with lighting, CCTV, and GSM Automated gates. Additionally, many of our units are alarmed and all come with a high quality steel lock box and two padlocks. We also offer insurance to customers who wish to take it out to further give peace of mind.
Some of our business customers use Storebox Self Storage for the following;